GADOT BELGIUM BV respects individual privacy and values the confidence of its customers, employees, suppliers, contractors, business partners, and the general public.
That is why GADOT BELGIUM BV strives to collect, use and disclose personal data in a manner consistent with the laws of the countries in which it does business.
GADOT BELGIUM BV is committed to being compliant to the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
The management of GADOT BELGIUM BV recognizes the importance of identifying and protecting the information assets of the organization, avoiding destruction, improper disclosure, improper modification or unauthorized use of any information relating to its customers, employees, pricing, strategy, management, or other related concepts.
GADOT BELGIUM BV is therefore committed to develop, implement, maintain and continually improve its information security management system in order to ensure the confidentiality, availability and integrity of personal data and information in general.
Last Updated: 15/10/2020
Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement addresses information we collect at our web sites and activities. It explains what personal data we collect from you and how we use it.
This statement applies to the GADOT BELGIUM BV services in general.
Personal Data We Collect
GADOT BELGIUM BV collects data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our services. Through your interaction with us, GADOT BELGIUM BV may collect Personal Data, which is information that identifies an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. Personal Data may include, but is not limited to, your name, physical address, telephone number, e-mail address.
For our recruitment activities, GADOT BELGIUM BV may ask for certain data, including educational and employment background, contact information and preferences, job qualifications, and jobs for which you would like to submit an application. You also may choose to provide GADOT BELGIUM BV additional information, such as your CV, resume, or transcripts, employment references, related information and compensation requests. In addition, GADOT BELGIUM BV may collect information from third parties, for example, in connection with a background or employment check and/or an employment reference.
GADOT BELGIUM BV may also collect other Information through your interaction with us and non-GADOT BELGIUM BV websites, which does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual. Other Information may include, but is not limited to, browser and device information, data collected through automated electronic interactions, application usage data, demographic information, geographic or geo-location information, statistical and aggregated information.
Statistical or aggregated information does not directly identify a specific person, but it may be derived from personal data.
You have choices about the data we collect. When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline.
GADOT BELGIUM BV will collect only personal data which is relevant for the purposes for which it is to be used. GADOT BELGIUM BV will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal data is relevant, accurate, complete, and current, to its intended use.
Our use of Personal Data
GADOT BELGIUM BV uses the data we collect for two basic purposes, described in more detail below: (1) to operate our business and provide (including improving and personalizing) the services we offer, (2) in order to improve the quality of our service and (3) to send communications, including direct marketing and promotional
Business Operations. We use data to provide and improve the products and services we offer and perform essential business operations.
Communications. We use data we collect to deliver and personalize our communications with you.
Recruitment. We use data we collect to communicate with you, to manage GADOT BELGIUM BV’s recruiting and hiring processes, and for compliance with corporate governance and legal and regulatory requirements. If you are hired, the information may be used in connection with employment and corporate management.
Why We Share Personal Data
We share your personal data in case we have a legal obligation to do so and in other cases with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any service or product you have requested or authorized. In addition, we share personal data among GADOT BELGIUM BV-controlled affiliates and entities. We also share personal data with suppliers, processors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement. For example, companies we have hired to provide customer service or assist in protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to personal data in order to provide those functions. In such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and are not allowed to use personal data they receive from us for any other purpose. We may also disclose personal data as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets.
Finally, we will access, transfer, disclose, and preserve personal data, including your content, when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
- comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
- protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of our services, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone;
- operate and maintain the security of our services, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or
- protect the rights or property of GADOT BELGIUM BV, including enforcing the terms governing the use of the services – however, if we receive information indicating that someone is using our services to traffic in stolen intellectual or physical property of GADOT BELGIUM BV, we will not inspect a customer’s private content ourselves, but we may refer the matter to law enforcement.
Where Do we Store and Process Your Personal Data?
Personal data collected by GADOT BELGIUM BV may be stored and processed in your region or in any other country where GADOT BELGIUM BV or its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities. We take steps to ensure that the data we collect under this privacy statement is processed according to the provisions of this statement and the requirements of applicable law wherever the data is located.
When we transfer personal data from the European Economic Area to other countries, we use a variety of legal mechanisms, including contracts, to help ensure your rights and protections travel with your data.
How long do we keep your Personal Data? Retention of Personal Data
GADOT BELGIUM BV retains personal data for as long as necessary to provide the products and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. Recruiting data is stored according to the maximum allowed retention periods according to the candidate’s location. Candidates can ask for deletion of their data at any time, if they don’t wish to keep up their application by notifying their recruiter or contacting the Data Protection Officer of GADOT BELGIUM BV.
Your rights as a data subject: You CAN Access & Control Your Personal Data!
Upon request, GADOT BELGIUM BV will grant individuals reasonable access to Personal Data that it holds about them. In addition, GADOT BELGIUM BV will take reasonable steps to permit individuals to correct, amend, or delete information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete.
In accordance with and subject to the conditions of Belgian privacy law and the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation, we inform you that you have the following rights:
- Right of access and inspection: you have the right to inspect, free of charge, the data that we hold about you and to check what they are used for.
- Right of rectification: you have the right to obtain rectification (correction) of your incorrect personal data, as well as to complete incomplete personal data.
- Right of deletion or limitation: you have the right to request us to delete or limit the processing of your personal data in the circumstances and under the conditions laid down by the General Data Protection Regulation. We may refuse the deletion or restriction of any personal data which is necessary for us to fulfil a legal obligation, the performance of the contract or our legitimate interest, and this for as long as these data are necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
- Right to transferability of data: You have the right to obtain the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable form. You have the right to transfer these data to another data controller.
- Right of objection: you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for serious and legitimate reasons. Please note, however, that you cannot object to the processing of personal data which is necessary for us to fulfil a legal obligation, the performance of the contract or our legitimate interest, and this for as long as these data are necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
- Right of withdrawal of consent: If the processing of personal data is based on prior consent, you have the right to revoke this consent. These personal data will then only be processed if we have another legal basis for doing so.
- Automatic decisions and profiling: We confirm that the processing of personal data does not include profiling and that you will not be subject to fully automated decisions.
You can exercise the aforementioned rights by contacting GADOT BELGIUM via email@example.com
We make every effort to handle your personal data in a careful and legitimate manner in accordance with the applicable regulations. Nevertheless, if you believe that your rights have been violated and if you do not find an answer to your concerns within our company, you are free to lodge a complaint:
Commission for the Protection of Privacy
Rue du Prince 35, 1000 Brussels
Tel. 02 274 48 00
Fax. 02 274 48 35
You may additionally address a court if you believe that you would suffer damage as a result of the processing of your personal data.
Cookie Controls. Relevant browser-based cookie controls are described in our Cookie Statement.
Security of Personal Data
GADOT BELGIUM BV is committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
GADOT BELGIUM BV is also committed to reducing risks of human error, theft, fraud, and misuse of GADOT BELGIUM BV facilities. GADOT BELGIUM BV’s efforts include making personnel aware of security policies and training employees to implement security policies. GADOT BELGIUM BV employees are required to maintain the confidentiality of data. Employees’ obligations include written confidentiality agreements, regular training on information protection, and compliance with company policies concerning protection of confidential information.
GADOT BELGIUM BV promptly evaluates and responds to incidents that create suspicions of unauthorized handling of data. If GADOT BELGIUM BV determines that your data has been misappropriated (including by a GADOT BELGIUM BV employee) or otherwise wrongly acquired by a third party, GADOT BELGIUM BV will promptly report such misappropriation or acquisition to you.
GADOT BELGIUM BV will conduct annual compliance audits. The audit will be conducted under the direction of the Data Protection Officer. Any employee that GADOT BELGIUM BV determines is in violation of this privacy statement will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment. Any agent or third party that violates this privacy statement shall be in material breach of all agreements with GADOT BELGIUM BV and shall defend and indemnify GADOT BELGIUM BV from claims related to such violations.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will update this privacy statement when necessary to reflect customer feedback and changes in our products or services. When we post changes to this statement, we will revise the “last updated” date at the top of the statement. If there are material changes to the statement or in how GADOT BELGIUM BV will use your personal data, we will notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes before they take effect or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to learn how GADOT BELGIUM BV is protecting your information.
How to Contact Us
If you have a privacy concern or a question regarding data protection GADOT BELGIUM BV, please contact us by using the following contact information.
We will respond to questions or concerns within 30 days: